Wednesday, January 28, 2009

House Republicans stand strong once again.

Tonight House Republicans stood up on principal and not to be Obama's scapegoats. They did so in a huge way tonight. Even though Obama's trojan horse stimulus package passed a vote in the House of Representatives, it passed on a party line vote. All the House Republicans voted against the bill along with some Democrats. I have a feeling that the Democrats that also voted against the bill were "blue dog" Democrats that are facing re-election next year in mostly conservative states. Last week I mentioned what the Republicans in the house needed to do and from my lips to their ears they did it. Since this massive entitlement bill is Obama's and the Democrat's bill, I say let them suffer the consequences when the ultimate outcome is felt. I knew Democrats would overreach in their plans. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. When this bill arrives in the Senate Friday, Conservative republicans should immediately come out in staunch rejection of the bill as well. Liberal and moderate Republicans like Hagel, Graham, McCain and others will kiss Obama's rear and go along and support the bill. Obama is going to use McCain to try and garner support for the bill among Republicans just like McCain did with the gang of 14. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell last week actually held strong in his objection to the bill, I hope it continues when the debate begins. The Heritage foundation came out with an extremely informative video on why Obama's trojan horse stimulus will fail.



Like I said many times in the past and will continue to explain, government spending hasn't, can't and never will be able to lift a country out of a recession. I'm not pressed to let lord Obama know this little piece of common sense.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tyrone, according to some news I have read McCain is leading the charge against the bill.

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU TYRONE! I was sick of seeing the GOP get roped into voting for ANYTHING that Obama wants! It seemed like they were sacred of being called racists or something.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I know that John Sullivan better had voted against this one. He voted for the first one and say he did not know if it would work or not. I will continue to watch my representatives like hawks. Senator Jim Inhofe has screamed against this madness from day 1 and is still screaming. I hope that Senator Tom Coburn gets the message or else he may not get my vote again if he chooses to run in 2010.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess the Republicans losing power has some good come out of it. It helped them rediscover what their real priorities are which is ensuring prosperity for our country and I hope they remain head strong in national defense too.

I also hope they recognize that it's we the people who give them the power not their own interests or the media.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Boner chokes on a pretzel.

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous: "I was sick of seeing the GOP get roped into voting for ANYTHING that Obama wants!"

Ummm, what exactly has the GOP been getting roped into voting for? Obama's been president for, what, 11 days?

Anonymous: "It seemed like they were sacred of being called racists or something."

You right-of-centers are completely obsessed with skin color.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Alpha Conservative Male said...

anon "Tyrone, according to some news I have read McCain is leading the charge against the bill."

I never would have thought it. McCain the maverick going against Obama instead of his fellow Republicans as usual. It could be a rope a dope by McCain. He could be drafting a Senate stimulus bill that mirrors Obama's bill with some tax breaks as sweeteners for Republicans. Then he will try and get Republicans to sign on to the bill and then Obama will support it. They will then call it a "bipartisan bill". So I still have a leary eye on McCain.

anon "THANK YOU TYRONE! I was sick of seeing the GOP get roped into voting for ANYTHING that Obama wants! It seemed like they were sacred of being called racists or something."

With Steele running the party now. Democrats will think twice about using the race card against Republicans that oppose Obama. Liberals have called limbaugh a racist forever without any facts to back it up, so it was right up the Democrat's alley to go after limbaugh for him going after Obama. Things are different now though.

Pamela "I know that John Sullivan better had voted against this one. He voted for the first one and say he did not know if it would work or not. I will continue to watch my representatives like hawks. Senator Jim Inhofe has screamed against this madness from day 1 and is still screaming. I hope that Senator Tom Coburn gets the message or else he may not get my vote again if he chooses to run in 2010"

Republicans have to oppose Obama if they want to win next year if their seats are up for re election pamela, they have no choice. The people of conservative and center to right states don't want their representatives to be the lap dogs for Obama. They want them to present a contrast vision in which they can CHOSE. I think they finally are getting the message. It's just a shame and a waste that it took them to lose control of congress and the white house for them to realize it.

chilerkle "I guess the Republicans losing power has some good come out of it. It helped them rediscover what their real priorities are which is ensuring prosperity for our country and I hope they remain head strong in national defense too."

They had to take "bitter medicine" chilerkle. It tastes like crap but it does the trick. When they were in power, they were consuming way to much of the sweet poison of being drunk on power and losing their way.

chilerkle "I also hope they recognize that it's we the people who give them the power not their own interests or the media."

We won't really know whether they truly gotten their acts together until they are back in the majority chilerkle.That will be the test.

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home