Sunday, December 06, 2009

A Tiger that was on the prowl got caught by the tail instead.



I resisted for almost two weeks mentioning anything related to Tiger Woods. People have been asking me, so I might as well just come out and say what I'm thinking. I believe the illusion of Tiger Woods has been shattered permanently. The illusion that Tiger Woods presented with the help of the media was that of a decent up standing family guy. Well we all now know that wasn't the case for at least three years. I'm going to say something that nobody has thought about to a possible reason Tiger Woods was a tiger on the prowl instead of a faithful husband. Of course I'm not making any excuses for his behavior what so ever, it's just a theory I'm throwing out there. Could it be that Tiger Woods suffered what Michael Jackson suffered from while growing up? Many people claimed that Michael had the mindset of a child, because he never had a normal childhood due to him being a child entertainer. That is why they said he experienced his childhood as an adult. Could it be that Tiger Woods never had a chance to have a normal dating life early on, because his father Earl Woods made sure that golf was the only thing of importance in Tiger's life? Once again, it's just a theory. For whatever the reason, Tiger Woods screwed up royally. Tiger had no real reason to stray. He has a beauty wife, two kids, had a squeaky clean image, endless endorsements and enough money to spend in several lifetimes. If I was in the shoes of Tiger Woods three years ago, I would actually consider using mace against any attractive women that would approach me. I would have probably used it on myself if I had the urge to stray as well. Of course I'm joking, but I think you all get the picture. I wouldn't have done anything to jeopardize what I had. How many guys could lay claim to marrying and having kids with a beauty swimsuit model? I feel bad for Elin Nordegren. All she wanted was Tiger to be faithful to her. A friend told me that Elin is the type of woman that married men would kill to cheat with not on. Tiger had a golden apple in his lap that was all his, yet he wanted grab the forbidden fruit beyond his wedding ring. Tiger joins the recent Hall of Shame inductees that include Governor Mark Sanford, Former North Carolina Senator John Edwards, washed up comedian and freak David Letterman. I know that nobody is perfect. We all are sinners. That is why we ask god to forgive us for our sins. I believe in the end people will forgive Tiger. I think their perception of him will change however. Instead of people holding him up on a pedestal as a role model, they'll just admire him for how great of a golf he is instead as they should have all along.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kobe Bryant who was accused of rape a couple of years ago, Nike dropped him, but the fans stood by him.

Michael Jordan had an affair with a woman (Don't most pro-athletes do?), which wounded up in divorce with his wife. Still the fans stood by him.

Alex Rodriguez became a target of supermarket tabloids of his alleged affairs with Madonna and divorce from his wife. Still the fans stood by him.

Michael Vick convicted of dog fighting and cruelty to animals. The fans let him have it; want nothing more to do with him.

So, I guess when you are a big sport's star, it's OK to commit infidelity. Fans are weird.

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as I'm concerned Michael Vick's dog fighting pales in comparison to infidelity and violence against women.
As far as I'm concerned Tiger is not as bad as those men who beat their wives or strippers like some male athletes have done.

I don't know if his wife will forgive him or not but life goes on.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Alpha Conservative Male said...

anonymous "Kobe Bryant who was accused of rape a couple of years ago, Nike dropped him, but the fans stood by him."

It didn't surprise me that Nike bolted. Corporate sponsors will only back a person in good times rarely in bad times. It's all about the corporate image to the companies. They don't give a dam about the people they're sponsoring. I'm not saying that is actually a bad thing, it's just the way business works. Gatorade which is owned by Pepsi just announced they've dropped their sponsorship of Tiger. The latest CNN poll shows that 60% of people still support tiger. Oddly enough, I bet those who still support him support him out of sympathy for how badly he screwed up.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Alpha Conservative Male said...

I have a feeling that Tiger is going to take a year old and try and rehab is image then he'll come back once the spectacle dies down. I really would like to know what Tiger's mother said to him about all of this. I know she must have given him an earful times 100.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Thuyen Tran said...

Well, let's see here- the man God said sought after God's own heart, King David, had polygamous marriages, committed adultery, then tried to cover up several ways before simply having the husband of the woman he slept with murdered.

Even the best of them in the Bible fell short by ways away.

1:24 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

My question is why did the media try and hide his madness for years then all of a sudden reveal it now? Pretty interesting.

I agree with the first comment. Tiger will not be hurt too long in the eyes of the fans. It's pretty sad that Vick is kicked to the curb but adulterers are forgiven. Sounds like dogs are more important than women. How sad.

Sidebar: I did read that the wife of the SC governor filed for divorce yesterday.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home