Tuesday, December 25, 2012

I want to wish you all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS not a Happy Holiday.

I apologize for being late in putting up my annual CHRISTMAS greeting. I was busy all yesterday, and it completely slipped my mind. I must say that I am so sick and dam tired of constantly seeing people suffering from bad cases of either political correctness or an inferiority complex continuing to say "Happy Holiday" instead of "Merry Christmas". I have yet wished anyone a Happy Holiday for a reason. I refuse to let politically correct progressives try to white wash the name Christmas out of the American vocabulary as if it's somehow a dirty word to say. So as everybody I've come across have wished me a Happy Holiday, I have given to them back Merry Christmas. I've seen Christmas trees displayed as "holiday trees". Question, what other holidays do people put up a "holiday tree" for? I was invited to a Christmas party that was called a holiday party today, I declined to go on principal. Have you all ever heard of a holiday party being held on the holiday of Dr King's Birthday or a holiday party's being held on Veterans Day etc? You get my point? This political correctness crap is beyond stupid, and I am not nor will I ever play along. So with that said.



9 Comments:

Blogger p. anthony allen said...

Merry Christmas Tyrone!

(and if I may)
To those who celebrate ______________ (fill in the blank with what ever you celebrate) this time of the year, "Good Wishes" to you, your family and friends, and may you be blessed with a peaceful and joyous New Year, and for all years to come!

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a Holiday Tree; it's a Holiday menorah! Noooo...It's a Christmas Tree and Hanukkah menorah.
What I've noticed the only thing that has not changed the Kwanzaa kinara is not listed as a Holiday kinara. So, why would they not label it as a Holiday kinara?

Anyway, a Jewish coworker of mine, I wished her a Happy Hanukkah and she wished it to me likewise; although I'm not Jewish. She had people wishing her a Merry Christmas and she never took no offense to it.

-Big Pop

2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To shut the politically correcters up, I always just remind them that Christmas is a National Holiday, so until Congress is back in session and all the government agencies are open on December 25th, anyone can say "Merry Christmas" without objection.

Merry Christmas Tyrone!

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO!!!

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Christmas is not a holiday to you, then what is it? The term Happy Holiday has been used for decades. Most notably in song which was written by Irving Berlin in 1942.

It's a simple generic greeting meant for all people during winter and the Christmas season. Some one that says Happy Holidays and Seasons Greetings doesn't prevent you from saying what ever you want to say. I'm Jewish and I celebrate both Hanukkah and Christmas and will be attending several holiday parties.

Christmas is a time for all to share in and celebrate how they choose. What it means is that no one has an exclusive right of what to say, and no one has a right to exclude what others can say. If saying Merry Christmas means that much to you, then say it. But not to consider how others celebrate the holidays makes you no different than the people you are complaining about.

5:26 PM  
Blogger John B. Hefmier said...

Late Merry Christmas to you. :^)

5:41 PM  
Blogger Alpha Conservative Male said...

Thank you everyone. I went into a packaged goods store a few days ago to buy some Eggnog. I happen to see a brand advertised as "holiday nog by Christian Brothers Brandy. I started thinking will this so called "holiday nog" be available for all the other holidays. I knew the answer, of course not. It was only going to be around for Christmas and New Year. It just steamed me at the absurdity of it all

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Storm said...

Christmas trees are of pagan origin.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Thersites said...

Have a merry Merry Christmas!

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home